Tuesday, February 5, 2008

A Little Tango, A Little Surgery, A Little Vals*


So, I recently went through my second excellent tango bootcamp and it came time for Christy and Darren to spend the next hour teaching us vals*. I looked around for my friend because I knew she'd be excited that her favorite dance had arrived, but I didn't see her. I felt disappointed because I knew she's usually on call, since she's a plastic surgeon. Sure enough, 90 minutes later she came strolling back in nonchalantly. I started to dance with her and she said had to step out for a bit because a hospital paged her. My friend is too modest to talk about how much she helps people, but with a little prying she finally said a man had badly cut his hand and she had just performed successful surgery on him. I don't know about you, but I don't know too many folks that perform hand surgery between tandas. You meet the most interesting people in tango...

No comments: