Saturday, January 19, 2008

Las Poemas


These poems are inspired by the many wonderful and generous leaders who have invited me through the threshold of Tango-and shown me new vistas, new insights into themselves, myself and this way of life called the Tango. For all the times I’ve stepped on your toes, missed your lead, or just plain screwed up---forgive me. Thank you for your patience, playfulness and willingness to explore new ways of moving together as we wander down the intricate and amazing path of Tango for a tanda or two. You are all my teachers.

Rumi speaks of the Divine Lover behind the veil of each of our lovers.


If the Beloved is everywhere,

The lover is a veil,

But when living itself becomes the Friend,

Lovers disappear.
Rumi, translation by Coleman Barks

These haiku and poems are dedicated to my dance partners- each a veil behind which I catch a glimpse, feel the embrace, inhale the intoxicating fragrance of the Divine and Dancing Presence of the Beloved at play in the universe.
Namasté.


Close Embrace

Dancing cheek to cheek

our bodies melt and glisten,

I fall into cloud.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Really very nice...
Fantastic!!!!!