Tuesday, January 15, 2008

"I Didn't Know It Could Be Like That": Carlos & Maria Rivarola



What a blessing we had last fall with Carlos and Maria Rivarola visiting from Buenos Aires and giving one incredible class after another. If you haven't seen Carlos dance before, check him out in this Tango movie. One of their classes at Allegros (milonga photo above) was best summed up by two of my partners. I was having trouble, so Carlos came over to help & lead her through the move. After the song ended my partner turned to me as if she'd seen a burning bush and said "I didn't know it could be like that". Five minutes later the same thing happened, but with a different partner & after Carlos walked away she was barely able to speak "I...danced...with...Carlos." Seeing a real maestro tango like this was both inspirational & humbling.

No comments: