Monday, December 17, 2007

Have You Been Infatuated With A Tango Partner?


Is it possible to fall in love with a woman during a three minute tango? Maybe not, although I have a friend from school who went on a blind date and got engaged that evening. Sounds crazy, I know, but she & her husband are still happily married 19 years out with 3 kids. So, while that's a once-in-a-lifetime rarity, I do know I've become infatuated a few times with a follower and it's normally not what you would expect. Meaning, it's usually not the most beautiful woman in the room (although what woman isn't beautiful when dancing tango?). What I'm trying to say is it's more about the connection we have as we embrace, the give and take we have during our tango, her generous patience as I screw up yet another move, and her being present with me and the song during our brief time together. Men, when a woman gives you all that, how could we not be infatuated with her during those few bright, shining minutes?

No comments: